Wednesday 24 December 2008

Yokobiki Kanoko Shibori

Yokobiki Kanoko Shibori on cotton and afterwards dyed with procion MX

This is a piece which took me a lot of practise. This one IS the practise. I learned it from a DVD which really is worth while buying. It shows the process and I analized it picture by picture untill I understood the movements.
The DVD is called Arimatsu Narumi Shibori and you can buy it at Zijdelings.com. Karina also sells the needles you need.

We (my partner and I) have experimented with a lot of fishing stuff first to make needles used for making different shibori patterns. For instance we made a needle from a hook which is used to put the bait (worms) on. In dutch it is called a 'pierennaald'. And he made a wooden connection for the needles. It worked well for some techniques but I was lucky that Karina imported needles from Japan. This type of Shibori - Yokobiki Kanoko - I couldn't have done without one of these needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment